Remember that whole apple dessert for breakfast thing?
It’s become a more than just a Friday thing.
I’ve always loved oats. Not hard to do when your two favorite toppings are butter and brown sugar. But in all my oatmeal life I have never made an oatmeal variety like this bran oatmeal so. many. times. It started with days, and moved to weeks, and I’m now going on a month of this deliciously cozy breakfast.
I think that qualifies as an obsession.
And here’s a little secret. Sometimes I curl up with a blanket and completely ignore my dinner plans and make this instead. Woops. I guess obsession might be an understatement.
PS. Grated apples are my new favorite thing – they add natural sweetness and a great texture! Yum.
PSS. There’s bran in there. It’s healthy.
PSSS. There’s butter and brown sugar in there, too. It’s healthy for your soul.
This brown sugar apple bran oatmeal combines the sweetness of grated apples with the nutty flavor of bran and oatmeal. Easy and delicious!
- 1 small to medium apple, grated (large, not too fine)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup bran cereal (All Bran or Raisin Bran)
- 1 cup water
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- additional butter, sugar, milk or honey for topping
- Cook the oats with the water and salt in the microwave for 1:30.
- Add the bran and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add grated apple and cinnamon. Microwave another 20 seconds if it’s not warm enough for you (I like mine hot)! Stir in the brown sugar.
- Top with butter, honey, cream or any combination of toppings that you like!
I promise I won’t always post apple things on Fridays.
What I really mean by that is that I want you to tell me how much you love apples too so that I can give myself permission to keep making sweet apple things. Please?