Meet the newest member of our family: Avocado Tomatillo Dip.
She’s smooth, refreshing, and feisty all at once.
She’s a close relative of guacamole.
She works well with anybody.
She’s good looking and low maintenance.
I think she might even be healthy.
And these days, she’s the light of my life.
This easy avocado tomatillo dip is made with salsa verde and avocados. It’s a great alternative to traditional guacamole and works well in any recipe.
- 2 avocados, seeds and skin removed
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt AND pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 cup Roasted Salsa Verde (I love Archer Farms brand)
- a handful of fresh herbs (I used cilantro and parsley)
- Mix the lime juice, zest, garlic, salt, pepper, and honey in a small bowl.
- In a food processor, puree lime juice mixture, salsa verde, and herbs.
- Add the avocados and puree until desired consistency.
Serve with spicy roasted potatoes (see picture), tortilla chips, raw vegetables, burgers, chicken, salads, burritos, and/or anything.
- Calories: 382