Trust me. You don’t even want to know how many titles I came up with for these little pots of joy. Instead of sharing all of the potential recipe titles with you, I will give you the chance to do something more productive with your 3 seconds.
Like look at this picture and wonder what’s going on (that’s exactly what I was doing, too).
That, and talking on the phone with a Spanish speaking acquaintance, trying to explain that I would be late because there was “mucho agua”. Embarrassing.
Flash flood what? I had no idea what that meant until this morning, but I guess it means water in your garage, a lake in your backyard, and neighbors leaving their car doors wide open for days.
So I did what I needed to do in this situation, which involved a lot of watching, and then I made farmer’s market pasta. I’m always useful like that.
Pasta with everything fresh and wonderful that I got from the good ole Farmer’s Market. Basil, garlic, cheese, and fresh peas. ‘Tis the season!Print
This farmer’s market pasta is the perfect way to enjoy your farmer’s market veggies in an easy pasta dish. Baked in ramekins and topped with cheese!
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups dry pasta (I used whole wheat shells)
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- fresh torn basil
- 4 thinly sliced pieces of fresh mozzarella
- Cook peas and drain. Set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and toss with peas and butter.
- While peas and pasta are cooking, combine ricotta, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheeses and basil.
- Add cheese mixture to pasta and add reserved pasta water. Stir until smooth. Divide into ramekins and top each with a slice of mozzarella. Broil (400 degrees or higher) for about 5 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: farmers market pasta, veggie pasta, vegetarian pasta recipe
Most recent impulse buy from the Farmer’s Market: golden beets. Oh, dear. Ideas are welcome.
Have you ever experienced a flash flood? Misery loves company!