Hi, my name is Lindsay.
I go to food photography classes.
I meet friendly pugs at food photography classes (eeeee!!!).
I try to use my new photography skills. #oops
Annnd… I avoid taking pictures of spicy sausage posole by posting photos of other more interesting things?
Don’t be fooled by my bad attitude about soup pictures.
This is actually my favorite fast weeknight soup. It’s spicy and yummy and it only takes about 20 minutes to make. Did I mention I love sausage? And cilantro? Cause this soup is loaded with both. BTW, did I mention my closet love of Doritos? I never let an opportunity for Doritos pass me by, and this soup is screaming opportunity.Print
This 5-ingredient spicy sausage posole is my favorite go-to weeknight meal! Made with pork sausage, hominy, and fire roasted tomatoes.
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cans (14 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 14 oz. water
- 2 1/2 cups white hominy
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- sour cream and tortilla chips for topping
- Cook the sausage in a large pot with the taco seasoning. Drain well.
- Return to pot and add tomatoes, water, and hominy. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cilantro just before serving. Top with sour cream and tortilla chips!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: posole recipe, sausage posole, spicy posole
Someone please get me that pug.