Bjork just officially declared this the best sandwich I’ve ever made.
And we officially have a cute – ? -Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
Let’s talk about bacon and cheeeeeese.
And fresh, crispy soft pear slices. And sweet raspberry preserves. With more bacon and more cheese. Melted. Grilled with butter. I knew it was going to be heavenly as soon as I saw the cheese peeking out to say hello.
To that I say hello, cheese.
Please become healthy.
Bjork loved this sandwich. Usually I can get at least 1-2 compliments from a great meal, but this sandwich elicited an excessive amount of compliments. Like, one compliment after each bite. Which is really sweet, considering I gave him a sandwich with a few bites already taken out of it.
The bites are all part of the photographic process, you know.
The bottom line here is that whatever you are making for dinner needs to wait until tomorrow. The bottom line is that you need bacon, cheese, and a shot of raspberry pear sweetness to seal the deal.
So may your holidays be filled with bacon, pear, and raspberry pear grilled cheeses, taking naps (currently happening on the couch behind me…), and cute lil’ Christmas trees on sale for $20.
These are the things bringing us joy this season.
- 4 slices sturdy, grainy wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red pear
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat griddle or panini press to medium-high heat.
- Assemble 2 sandwiches in this order: bread, 1½ tbs. preserves, pear, 4 slices bacon, 2 slices cheese, bread.
- Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwich and grill for 4-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown.
PS. Have you seen this Christmas catalog? It’s my favorite.
It’s as feel-good as grilled cheese. I promise.