We can probably all agree that hard work pays off.
But let’s make it more personal. Have you ever had a baby? Because I certainly have not, but I have suddenly become aware of all that is new motherhood thanks to my friend and her adorable new little one.
(Jess C Photography is where it’s at!)
Besides the obvious (and most wonderful) payoff of the precious sweet pea, all new moms deserve to be rewarded for their 9 long months of pregnancy + delivery + caring for a newborn on less than 3 hours of sleep!
Oh, and did I mention gestational diabetes? Yes. This friend, this new mom, this champ deserves a heck of a good meal. A month of good meals. Which is exactly why I brought over a little of this and a little of this.
I, on the other hand, am in no position to be eating any of that. The most challenging thing I’ve done recently is vacuum my whole house. Which I can proudly do all from one outlet, thank you very much.
My hard work leaves me with a far less cheesy and/or buttery reward, but a tasty one nonetheless. Crispy, garlicky zucchini fries dipped in marinara.
If you are feeling ambitious, you can even make your own marinara for dipping!
And if you are feeling like you just vacuumed your whole house (from one outlet) and you are very tired, go take a nap in the sun. It feels good out there.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into sticks
- 1 large egg white
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder (optional)
- cooking spray
- salt and fresh pepper
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place the breadcrumbs and garlic powder; shake well. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip the zucchini sticks into the egg and then place into the bread crumb mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with some marinara sauce for dipping.
At the risk of repeating myself week after week, TGIF!
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products