Hello, Caramel Corn Bars.
With a little peanut butter thrown in for good measure.
Drizzled with chocolate.
Sitting on a fluffy marshmallow pillow.
All carried by a chewy, melty chocolate chip cookie.
Is this real life?
Fortunately for you and I… yes. Unfortunately for my pencil skirt that I wore without knowing to take the X off the back…. yes.
Is it also real life that I can eat more than three of these dessert monsters after a long day in the classroom? And then give myself a workout pass (pass meaning no thank you I’d rather not) because I’m too full?
Whatever life that is, I’m stuck in it. Helppp.
A quick thanks to Pillsbury for this killer dessert bar recipe. Also a quick shout out to Pillsbury for sabotaging my three day health kick. Remember that whole P90X thing? …Yeah, me neither.
These caramel corn bars have a cookie base and a marshmallow caramel corn topping, drizzled with chocolate. So addicting!
- 1 roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 bag butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Press cookie dough into the bottom of a square baking pan (8×8 or 9×9). Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until the surface looks dry and starts turning golden brown.
- Start melting corn syrup, butter, and peanut butter chips over medium heat.
- Once cookies have been removed, sprinkle marshmallows on top of cookie layer and put back in the oven for 5 minutes until they puff up.
- Add popcorn to warm, melted peanut butter mixture and stir until well combined. Press on top of marshmallow layer. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips. Cool for several hours before cutting and serving. (I found it helpful to put them in the fridge.)
Caramel corn and peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies and marshmallows. They’re calling your name. I recommend that you listen.