Once upon a time, I made Nectarine Basil Salsa.
Once upon a different time, I made smoky and spicy chipotle turkey burgers and loved it. But my love wasn’t pure because I was still dreaming of the Nectarine Basil Salsa.
So I played matchmaker, and (as you might have noticed from picture number one with the giant bite) I am superhappy with the results! You should be happy too, because this burger is low fat, high protein, and max flavor. And the salsa, well, we already talked about the salsa. I’m obsessed.
PS. This makes for a great meal stealer. Like when I make chipotle turkey burgers and steal the leftover turkey to make chipotle turkey tacos. That’s what I call two for the price of one.Print
These chipotle turkey burgers are easy to make and topped with a nectarine-basil salsa. Perfect for an easy summer grill meal!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotles in adobo sauce (pureed)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix everything together until well incorporated. Add extra chipotle sauce or chili powder for more heat. Let sit for several hours or overnight.
- Form into 4 patties. Make a dent with your thumb in the bottom side of each burger. Dent side down, grill on medium high heat. Don’t press on the burgers. Flip after a few minutes and cook through until no longer pink.
- Serve on a bun with smeared avocado and nectarine salsa!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey burger, chipotle turkey burger, turkey recipe
Meatless Monday? …Woopsies.