January 8, 2016
Yep – still me.
Yep – on a food blog.
Yep – writing about how to start a capsule wardrobe. Like, seriously – who is in charge of the editorial calendar around here? Me, actually – and I’m going a little rogue on you today.
But it all makes sense, when you think about it.
Why Start a Capsule Wardrobe?
For me? It was to spend less time and money on clothes.
I mean, come on. Look around this site. My great love in life is food.
Clothing and fashion and shopping are not my great loves, which is why a capsule wardrobe (a very small collection of useful clothing that you love that changes with each season) IS VERY MUCH one of my great loves.
Let’s play True or False.
- You are a ____ person (in my case, a food person) who cares very deeply about your thing. But that THING is not necessarily clothes.
- Even with a closet full of clothes, you end up wearing the same three shirts over and over again.
- You are known to say things like: “I have nothing to wear.” When, in fact, you have lots of things to wear, but for some reason you just don’t want to wear any of them.
- Sometimes you find pieces of clothing in the back of your closet that still have the tags on them. Woops – guess you never wore that one?
- You have been known to buy ill-fitting clothes off the clearance rack, because CLEARANCE.
- Finding the time, energy, and money to put together a perfect (and affordable) wardrobe is overwhelming, sooo you just wear one of your three regular shirts again.
- You want two things in life, really: a) to look pretty good most of the time without really having to think about it, and b) to spend the saved brain space on other things like, just as an example, MORE FOOD.
Enter: A CAPSULE WARDROBE.
What is a capsule wardrobe? Capsule wardrobe is just a trendy-cool name for a small collection of useful clothing that you love that changes with each season.
**word association: minimalism, streamlining, organization, resourcefulness, mindfulness, simplifying, and my personal favorite – easy**
Once you have a capsule wardrobe, GETTING DRESSED BECOMES SO EASY. Oh my gosh, you guys. I cannot stress this enough. That dreaded standing-in-front-of-the-closet moment each morning turns from a 10 minute ordeal into a 10 second decision.