Imagine this please.
- you + 1
- airfare to Miami
- two nights at Canyon Ranch Oceanfront Resort
- $500 dining and spa credit
One more thing. FOR FREEEEE.
And I’m telling you – this place looks STUNNING.
This giveaway/contest is now closed.
So what’s the deal? Well, if Chicken Tamale Pie wins a Smart Balance recipe contest, I’ll be able to give this amazing little getaway package to one of my readers! You can help make it happen in 30 seconds: like Smart Balance on Facebook click on the Recipe Challenge app on the top corner of the page vote for ye ole Pinch of Yum’s Chicken Tamale Pie
(The voting app doesn’t work from your phones, so you’ll have to do on the computer. Sorry cool kids.)
Bonus for me: If Tamale Pie walks away with the most votes, I’ll also get a getaway! Party at the beach with you and me? I’m actually kind of serious unless you would be weirded out by that.
All you hard working guys (um…dad?) and girls (all my other readers), I would be beyond thrilled to send you on a vacation. And I really mean that.
This actually goes beyond just a nice view, a comfy bed, and a fancy dinner. I know that there are some of you – you, my sweet and caring readers – dealing with some really heavy stuff in your lives right now. I know it. Some of you might be dealing with a loss, a divorce, a sickness, a hard family situation. Maybe a few of you are tired. Ok, well, we’re probably all a little tired, right? *blink blink*
Gosh, you guys. Please let me send you on a little getaway. To rest, to relax, to recharge.
I would be so happy to give this to you.
Now that we’ve gotten that outta the way, this updated Chicken Tamale Pie is really good. The original recipe is by far and away the most positively reviewed recipe on Pinch of Yum, and Version 2 is even better. It’s a mashup of my Chicken Tamale Pie Version 1 and the Carnitas Tamale Pie. The crust is made from scratch and it’s deliciously corn-cakey. And now you should make it for the rest of your life.
Chicken Tamale Pie, Version 2
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance cooking oil
- ⅓ cup Smart Balance low fat milk
- 1 Smart Balance Omega-3 Grade A Natural Large egg
- 1½ tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- 1 – 14 ounce can cream-style corn
- 1 – 4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 – 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded white cheese such as Jack or Pepperjack
- cilantro and crumbled Cotija cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, ½ tablespoons taco seasoning, and oil in a large bowl until soft and crumbly. Whisk in the milk, egg, green chiles, and cream-style corn. Pour mixture into a round 10-inch pie plate. Bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes.
- While corn is baking, toss the chicken in the remaining 1 tablespoon taco seasoning. When corn is done, pierce entire surface with a fork. Pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbling. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with cilantro and Cotija cheese.
Since it’s a tamale-like base, it won’t be completely set like a cornbread. It should stick to the fork a little bit when you poke holes in the crust.
I want you to have it, a lot. Cause you guys are theee best.