Then the story took a turn.
It became me trying to survive and keep everyone fed and alive.
When you combine three teenagers with two seriously adorable/naughty dogs with one unbelievably active 9 year old… well, they deserve a round of applause. My parents.
So how my mom manages to host a birthday lunch and serve such delicious home cooked food (while controlling the aforementioned scenario) is beyond me.
But I like to try to be helpful. And I am usually really helpful at partaking in the home cooked food part.
This recipe is one that my mom always makes for family gatherings, and it deserves a round of applause from those who make it and those who cook it. It’s a perfectly kinda fancy low maintenance meal that makes me happy happy happy every time I eat it. Mostly I’m just happy that I don’t have her job because I would probably die. She’s amazing.
- 2 cups cooked, chopped/shredded chicken
- 2-3 cups raw sliced zucchini
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 box bowtie pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Heat sauce with zucchini until crisp-tender. Add chicken and heat until warm.
- Top cooked bowties with warm sauce and parmesan cheese!
Aren’t mom’s the best? Thanks for doing all the work on this one, Mom!
I guess some things never change.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products