That is not a typo.
That’s a delicious stack of seventeen pancakes topped with salted butter and sweet maple syrup. For DINNER.
Well, maybe it’s second dinner, because in my life there’s a personal rule that during the week of parent-teacher conferences you get to have two dinners.
Other Miscellaneous Personal Rules That I Have That You Should Know About:
- Wash hands at least 23x before eating. I.SEE.germs.
- Wash hair every other day. Best rule ever.
- Take long showers every other day. 2nd best rule ever.
- Always break cookies in half.
- Always eat multiple halves.
- Wear jeggings on Fridays.
- Avoid unidentified Kleenexes on the classroom floor. And by avoid, I mean run for your life.
And one more rule. If you try to learn a new photo editing software such as Lightroom, and it takes forever and you hate yourself and you fall in a dramatic heap on the floor and your husband says that this must be the dark side of blogging…
Then eat a third dinner and buy plane tickets to South Korea and the Philippines for the whole month of June. #totallyrational
Hi again. If you want to save money, make pancakes for dinner.
We’re going to be eating a lot of pancakes.
Please please please prittyplease whip these up for yourself. I don’t know why they’re so good but they just are. I’ve made them lots of times and every time – seriously – EVERY time, they come out perfectly. Just a little fluffy, with a tiny bit of sweetness, but not overly heavy and filling.
I mean, why would you make these for breakfast when you could make these for dinner? Pancakes = Dinner. Tonight.
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⅔ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Separate eggs; beat egg yolks. Sift dry ingredients; add alternately with buttermilk to the beaten egg yolks. Add melted butter. Whisk the egg whites for about a minute and fold into the batter.
- Bake on hot griddle (400 degrees) until bubbles rise in the pancakes, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
I will not eat seventeen pancakes, I will not eat seventeen pancakes, I will not e…
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products