I don’t mean to be bossy or anything, but…
You must fill your mouth with cool freshness of avocado, fire-roasted corn, and sweet crab meat blanketed under melted white cheddar, chives, and bacon. No, seriously. BAY-CON.
And you need to send this into your soul riding on a blue corn tortilla chip.
I’m putting on my #bossypants for the joy of your tastebuds. So obey. Please.
The day these nachos were born, I had Superbowl on the mind.
Who’s in the Superbowl again?
My Superbowl knowledge consists of overeating (hi, chili cheese dip), a Doritos commercial involving a pug, and a wardrobe malfunction with Janet Jackson’s top. Was that like, last year?
I’ve eaten so many platefuls of these nachos that I might be having a wardrobe malfunction myself. That’s a buttononthejeans malfunction if you know whatta mean.
But back to bossing you around.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 can white and yellow sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- tortilla chips
- ½ cup shredded cheese (I used white cheddar)
- 1 avocado, sliced or cut into chunks
- 1 slice bacon, chopped or crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Melt the butter and oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add corn and spices. Let cook, stirring only a few times, until the corn turns golden brown on the outside.
- Add crab meat, sour cream, and half of the chives (reserve other half for topping). Mix everything together in the skillet and keep over low heat for 3-4 minutes, to heat through.
- Assemble one layer of chips on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Spoon half of the crab mixture and half of the shredded cheese on top of the chips. Top with another layer of chips, the rest of the crab mixture and the rest of the cheese. Broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chives, bacon, and avocado pieces.