This Creamy Baked Corn is tagged as “Vegetarian” and “Salad”, which makes me a complete liar. Don’t tell Santa.
Salad? Oh my word. Not even close. And I mean that in the most delicious way possible.
But I don’t have a category for side dishes that are to.DIE.for. and so here we are with buttery, creamy corn that somehow got labeled as a salad. And I guess in my ideal world, this probably would be a salad, so we’re all good.
Note: I’ve since updated my site and re-categorized this as “quick and easy”. A better fit. 🙂
If you bring this to your Christmas dinner, things will start to happen. For starters, people will eat it up like it’s pure gold. Cause that’s what it is.
People will probably ask you for your autograph.
You might get out of dish duty.
You will have a golden glowing halo hovering over your head as a result of being so cool and eating so much corn.
You’ll be the most popular person in your family for at least one hour.
Bottom line: You NEED this in your mouth right now. So do your rellies. I mean, they need it in their mouths. And as for the word rellies, I hate it. But sometimes circumstances call for me to use words that are outside of my comfort zone, and this is one of those circumstances. Make this for yourself and your rellies, and then enjoy your wild popularity this Christmas.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
- 1 can regular corn, undrained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 beaten egg
- toppings: bacon, scallions, and/or French fried onions
- Blend together melted butter, sour cream, and egg.
- Stir in corn bread mix and both corns. Mix well and pour into greased 2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Sprinkle on toppings and continue baking for 10 more minutes (unless using scallions - sprinkle those after removing from oven). Corn is done when the middle is set.
I’m still trying to figure out a way to make this count as a meal.
Corn? Vegetable? Right? I think it works.