Answer: Make a sweetpotato-kielbasa-apple-onion-bacon-and-everything-fall-delicious salad. And call it a Harvest Salad. That’s the kinda harvest I’m talking about.
Honestly, could mealtime ever really get better than all the best fall flavors rolled into one delicious salad?
In a word, YES. In many words, you need to pour sweet Maple Dressing over your sweetpotato-apple-onion-kielbasa-bacon-and-everything-fall-delicious salad and you will have the best salad ever. Ever, ever.
It’s dessert that’s a salad. Omigosh.
No, it’s not a dessert salad, don’t panic. It’s just got a few sweeter things, like apples and sweet potatoes, and a sweet-ish dressing comparable to
frosting poppyseed dressing. But the salty bacon and kielbasa keep things from getting too wild. And the sauteed onions? They’re the glue that holds this delicious fall family together.
I knew you’d like it, cause you’re cool like that. Sweet/savory always wins.
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ cup coarsely sliced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced turkey kielbasa sausage
- ½ large Honeycrisp apple
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon
- fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon each canola oil, red wine vinegar, and water
- pinch of cinnamon, salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add potatoes and onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add kielbasa to pan and saute until browned. Add sweet potatoes and onions back into the pan with a little butter (optional) and saute everything over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes blend the flavors. Add raw apples and bacon to the skillet and stir to mix.
- Tear the spinach into bite-sized pieces. In a large bowl, toss the spinach with everything in the skillet.
- Whisk all ingredients for the dressing (sour cream through cinnamon) and serve over each individual salad.
Okay, if you say so.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products