A chocolate cherry fudge cake bombed my house today.
That’s why I’m covered in the world’s most luscious chocolate frosting. I swear it’s not because I stuck my whole body in the pan. I swear.
This cake bomb happened to sandwich itself right between my main man’s birthday (heyo, that’s today!) and V-V-Valentine’s day, which, pssst, is tomorrow.
That’s two days in a row of celebrating my favorite guy, the one who knows everything, fixes everything, and eats everything.
You can see why I love this man.
One thing you should know. Conferences are still.going.
It’s honestly really awesome to meet with my students’ families. And I honestly really need 12 White Chocolate Mochas to keep my eyelids halfway open once the clock strikes 7pm.
I love “coffee”.
But the beauty of conferences is that they give me an excuse to be lazy. As if I really needed an excuse.
And I mean that in the best way possible because this cake is dee-liciously lazy.
If I was going to snuggle up inside of a cake, it would be this one.
Mostly because I want that frosting to be all over my life, forever and ever, amen.
- 1 chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix first four ingredients and pour into a greased cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Bring sugar, butter, and milk to a boil in a saucepan. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips and continue stirring until melted. Frost cake immediately.
Hi. Remember me? I’m a lazy chocolate cherry fudge cake that can be whipped up in 3 seconds between now and Valentine’s Day.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products