I don’t mean to brag, but I just ate an extra marshmallowy bowl of Marshmallow Mateys for dinner.
And by a bowl, I mean a box.
And by Marshmallow Matey’s, I do not mean Lucky Charms. Seriously? I’m not even going to defend that.
Some of you might think that when a bowl of Matey’s has just taken over your life, you lose interest in other delicious dessert booty such as cheesecake brownies. But you are dead wrong.
Matey’s or no Matey’s, fudgy brownies packed with chocolate chips and swirled with a layer of sweet, mild, white chocolate cheesecake will win me over every time. Be still my heart, be still.
Swirlie swirl, swirl swirly swirl. Lick.
These white chocolate cheesecake brownies are like two desserts in one! And it’s the easiest recipe ever with just 6 ingredients.
- 1 batch of your favorite brownie batter (Ghirardelli Double Chocolate makes yet another appearance)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup or more white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325. Prepare your brownies according to directions. Pour into a baking dish (9×9 or comparable).
- Beat the softened cream cheese and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla, and salt and mix until soft and creamy. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter and swirl into the batter with a knife.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
I baked mine on the bottom rack for the first 20 or so minutes and moved it to the top for the last 10-15 minutes. This helped the top from browning too much.
I hope you ate that healthy pizza earlier this week. Cause these are really… healthy.
Hey bloggers and other money creepers (which is totally acceptable around here) – Bjork’s going be here on Friday with Pinch of Yum’s March income report! Wheee!