Sometimes you just need something simple like this asparagus and pea saute.
Of course, there are days when we need a little something cute.
Other times, we need something funny.
And there are always those times when we need something cozy, cuddly, and adorable.
And there are definitely times when I personally just need a dog. But this is not a post about getting a dog. I will not make this post about getting a dog.
Because this is a post about when you need something simple, delicious, and fresh.
Or just plain green. I think you know what I mean if you already saw yesterday’s post.Print
3 ingredients: butter, shallots and honey make this asparagus and pea saute so simply delicious! Use on pizza or in soup, or just enjoy it on its own.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1 bag frozen peas (or fresh, ideally!)
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbs. honey
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add shallot to pan and saute for a minute or two, until soft and fragrant (talk about the best smell ever)!
- Add asparagus to the pan and cook, stirring every so often to keep from burning, until cooked through and slightly golden brown on the outside. Add peas and saute just a few minutes until cooked.
- Stir in honey until well mixed.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: asparagus recipe, pea recipe, saute recipe
Here’s the great thing about this super easy, simple, but elegant saute. You can make extra and store it in the fridge to be used in anything! So if you happen to have no other groceries in the house, and you need a last minute lunch that’s delicious but low maintenance…you can pair this with a spoonful of goat cheese (my current obsession), fresh bread, and a little more butter and call it a meal!
Get your green today! And someone please get me a puppy.