The vegetable (fruit?) that makes everything better.
Even buttercream frosting, or so this lady says.
That frosting is at the top of my list of things to try, and after yesterday’s experiment with radishes, I’m feeling especially gutsy.
Also on my list of things to try:
- Beets (remember yesterday’s rant about dirty vegetables)?
- Saving money… for a Ralph Lauren swimsuit.
- A personal training session to help with said swimsuit.
- Eating Peanut Butter Snickers for breakfast (and repeat #3).
- Convincing the man of my dreams to get me a baby dog.
- Making a salad that doesn’t taste like a salad.
The front runner is definitely #6. Which allows me to back off on #3. I like.
Take a looksie:
This avocado blue cheese dressing is simple and perfect on grilled veggies or salads. The creamy avocado is the perfect match for the tangy blue cheese.
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled (half of an Athenos Blue Cheese package)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbs. sour cream (light sour cream works fine)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Saute the shallot with a tsp. of olive oil until soft and fragrant. Let cool for a few minutes and transfer to a small mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients except avocado to the bowl with the shallots and mash/stir them together. It’s up to you how chunky you want it to be.
- Slice the avocado and add to the mixture. Mash/stir to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. If it’s too thick, add a drizzle of olive oil or another tbs. of milk.
- Category: Dressing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: avocado blue cheese dressing, blue cheese dressing, avocado dressing
My current obsession?
Grilled romaine + grilled chicken + sauteed red onions + tomatoes. And many spoonfuls of this avocado blue cheese dressing.