Welcome to the box.
The box is where I live. Where I’ve always lived. Where my hair has been the same forever, where my outfits are predictable, where I eat the same thing for breakfast for 364 days a year.
I do not stray outside of the box, ever. So someone please tell me what is going on.
Take, for example, the cinnamon sugar radish chips. And the fact that I put them on Greek yogurt. Box? I think not.
How about my non-square picture up there? I always do squares. Rectangles do not exist within the box. Help!
I don’t think I have to tell you that avocados have taken up permanent residence in the box. But avocado buttercream? There must be something in the water.
All I know is that milk chocolate cupcakes with avocado buttercream have been born. And I hope you make them today and love them.Print
This classic recipe for light and fluffy milk chocolate cupcakes is made interesting with a sweet, creamy avocado buttercream!
Milk Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Milk Chocolate Cupcakes
- Whisk the dry ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until moistened. The batter will be thinner than typical cake batter.
- Pour into a lined muffin pan, filling each cupcake about 3/4 of the way full. They pop straight up, so you can fill them up closer to the top if you want.
- Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, blend the avocado and butter together. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add a tbs. of milk. If it’s too thin, add more sugar.
- To put the frosting neatly on the cupcakes (without any fancy tools), scoop it into a snack-size plastic bag, cut off the tip, and squeeze out the frosting into nice little spirals on top of the cupcakes.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mint chocolate cupcakes, avocado buttercream frosting, chocolate cupcakes
Thanks to Jessica for the Avocado Buttercream recipe!
We kept our cupcakes in the fridge, as well as leftover frosting.
Worried that it’s going to turn brown? Be amazed – it’s still as green as the day I made it!
Oh, and happy Fourth of July! I’m celebrating with green frosting all over my face. You should, too.