Mark your calendars! The SOS Series is coming back featuring a lineup of all-new easy lifesaving recipes with just 7 ingredients. Check back next week!
Hello, hello, friends and food-lovers! I’m coming to you with exciting news today:
The SOS Series is coming back!
YES! I KNOW! I’M SO EXCITED, WHICH IS WHY I’M USING ALL CAPS AGAIN!
Mark your calendars because NEXT WEEK we are kicking off our next round of the SOS Series. I’m calling it the SOS Series 2.0 and it will essentially be lots more of the same: easy, delicious, big flavor, low-to-no-stress-style recipes.
What Is The SOS Series?
A little backstory if you’re unfamiliar: I started the SOS Series in April of 2021. It was developed as a way to help my own self get through a really challenging season – adjusting to life with a new baby, while wrangling the tiny toddler tornado, while trying to get back to work, while keeping one eye out for Covid, while ultimately trying to not totally lose my mind every night at dinnertime. It was a season of takeout, frozen meals, and snacks for dinner, and while I love chips and salsa as much as the next person, there just comes a time in your life where you say: Okay, I’ve eaten enough chips. I need to make a proper meal.
At the heart of my struggle was the lack of time and energy: I wanted to eat good food that was actually delicious, exciting, and wholesome… but I was (am?) so tired. I needed it to be MANAGEABLE for my season of life.
My ultimate qualifiers for any SOS-style recipes:
- Can this recipe be made with a baby strapped to your chest and a toddler playing with the pots and pans on the floor underneath you?
- Can this recipe be made with a distracted mind on four hours of sleep?
- Can this recipe be on my table fast enough that no one – myself included – has a total meltdown?
- And mostly, will this recipe give me (and my family) a few moments of joy as we fill up our plates and our bellies?
The stressful new-baby life was my situation back then, but surprise! I’m still feeling a little SOS-y these days. Newborn struggles have given way to new things: an unexpected medical diagnosis, sleep challenges with the (now big!) baby, and the constantly changing Covid situation all have taken their toll and I’m still finding myself solidly in SOS territory most nights.
As it turns out, many of you know this feeling, too.
Whether you are feeling overwhelmed at work, dealing with physical or mental health challenges, attempting to manage a household of babies and kiddos, or just having an off day, my hope is that these SOS meals are here to deliver a really doable, fun, wholesome, delicious dinner option as a lifeline.
I can’t tell you how much I appreciated you sharing your personal stories and your feedback on our first round of the SOS Series. A lot of what we heard back was just “please do more of these recipes” – and I am so excited to do this again with you for version 2.0.
What Kind Of Recipes Can I Look Forward To?
Yes, I say this about pretty much every recipe, but seriously, there are SO MANY GOOD RECIPES to look forward to in this series!
Here are some highlights and things to expect:
- There are so many vegetarian recipes in this round! WHOA! I’m excited about it.
- An easy, flavor-packed peanutty tofu lettuce wrap recipe that has been made at least 500 times in our house this summer.
- A stupidly easy spicy salmon recipe that looks like it came from a fancy restaurant and tastes like the fire emoji.
- A tempeh (!!) bowl with a maple mustard marinade that is everything I want in a bowl and I would so happily eat every day for lunch for the rest of time.
- A roasted broccoli getup from my friend Liz that might be the all-time best way I’ve ever eaten broccoli – it’s lemony, garlicky, feta-y deliciousness will blow your mind.
- A supremely cozy baked gnocchi with the simplest creamy tomato sauce that makes the start of fall (!!) just feel really, really good.
When and Where Do I Find The Recipes?
The SOS Series 2.0 kicks off on Monday, August 16th.
We’ll be sharing new recipes here on the blog every week throughout the 4-week series.
Ways you can access the recipes:
- Sign up for emails so you don’t miss new recipes! (Our emails are put together by our talented and hilarious team and I actually don’t have a lot to do with them – but I can honestly say they are just so good. Short, funny, delicious, and they make me laugh almost every time I open them. We take email happiness very seriously.)
- Follow on social media! We will be sharing our new recipes on Facebook and Instagram, and if you want to watch me make the recipes (hiii!), I share a little behind the scenes tutorial on Instagram Stories for every new recipe that we publish.
- Just check back on the blog every couple of days to see what’s new!
Want To Get a Head Start On Your Groceries? Here’s What You’ll Need!
Tofu and Brown Rice Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- Extra firm tofu
- Cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Butter lettuce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Fresh orange
- Peanut butter
- Sriracha sauce
One-Pan Farro with Tomatoes and Kale
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
Liz’s Roasted Broccoli Salad
- Broccoli florets
- Feta cheese
- Sourdough bread
Spaghetti with Crispy Zucchini
- Spaghetti sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Goat cheese or fresh mozzarella cheese
Garlic Butter Shrimp Boil
- Small potatoes
- Kielbasa sausage
- Cajun seasoning
- Fresh thyme
Hot Honey Salmon
Three Cheese Baked Gnocchi with Spinach
- Prepared gnocchi
- Mascarpone cheese
- Fresh mozzarella cheese slices
- Baby spinach
Fall Favorite Maple-Mustard Tempeh Bowls
- Maple syrup
- Soy sauce
- Sweet potatoes
- Dried cranberries
Incredible Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Nutritional yeast
- Onion powder
- Elbow macaroni pasta
- Non-dairy milk (unsweetened almond milk)
- Non-dairy butter
Cauliflower Brown Rice Vegetarian Meatballs
- Cauliflower florets
- Cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Chili powder
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
- Ground mustard
- Crispy onions
- Panko breadcrumbs
It’s been such a joy putting together the SOS Series 2.0 for me, and you, and all of us. I can’t wait to share it with you.
See you on Monday for the start of the deliciousness! We got this. ♡