It all starts here. In reality, it could all end right here and I’d be one happy cookie monster.
But the true mastermind here is my husband. His specialty is more commonly known as: The Big Cookie.
I was a Big Cookie skeptic, until I realized that people actually like The Big Cookie. At which point I said to myself: you need to make a less embarrassing form of The Big Cookie.
And so I give to you Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies.
In Big Cookie style, ice cream is scooped on top.
In Pinch of Yum style, caramel is drizzled over the top for the psuedo-fancy effect.
In true cookie-lover style, I scraped out every last bit of cookie and ice cream. As did my Deep Dish Cookie companions.
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with regular cookie dough packed into ramekins, baked, and topped with vanilla ice cream. To die for!
- Your favorite cookie dough
- Ice cream – optional, but suggested. 🙂
- Prepare your favorite cookie dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop, put rounded scoops of cookie dough into individual ramekins.
- Bake according to directions – but add 5-10 minutes to bake time.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes. Top with ice cream and any other desired toppings.
I used a mini-scoop (like a cookie dough scoop) for the ice cream so it wouldn’t overtake the top of the ramekin. This worked really well!
- Category: Dessert
- Calories: 604
Do you use ramekins? What do you use them for? I kind of forgot about how fun they are until I actually used them for individual baking dishes!
If YOU had a Deep Dish Cookie, what kind of cookie and toppings would you choose?