These chickpeas, you guys. THESE CHICKPEAS.
Here’s what we have going on here:
- Protein-packed chickpeas
- Sautéed garlic and onion
- Lots of Moroccan-esque spices
- Slow simmered fire-roasted tomatoes
- Warm fluffy couscous
- A quick herby cucumber salad for a bite of freshness
- Yogurt or hummus to tie it all together
Even better news: it’s not only clean and healthy but can also be prepped to go from freezer to Instant Pot / slow cooker in a snap. That’s right. WINNING.
All you have to do it dump it all in a bag, freeze it, and pull it out when you’ve been living the takeout life a little too fiercly and need a healthy dinner in a snap.
Seriously. This is my colder-weather go-to for a super nutritious, plant-based meal that is basically the same experience as me eating my favorite comfort food. Okay, fine, pizza might still stand in a category all its own, but other than that, I’d say these chickpeas can compete with the best of them.
Check out our video for how to make Freezer Meal Moroccan-Spiced Chickpeas:
Freezer Meal Detox Moroccan Chickpea Glow Bowl: clean eating meets comfort food! Dump it all in a bag, freeze it, and make it for dinner in a snap.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each – chili powder and cumin
- 1 teaspoon each – turmeric and garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of each – cinnamon and cayenne (to taste)
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 14-ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
INSTANT POT: From frozen, 15 minutes on high pressure + quick release.
FINAL STEP: Serve with couscous, cucumber, hummus, yogurt, harbs, and pita bread slices!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Moroccan-Inspired
View original recipe here.
You might also like our freezer meals post.