Calling all lemon lovers! And all non-lemon lovers! It really doesn’t matter what your thoughts are on lemon desserts, because this is a dessert in a league entirely of its own.
I will be the first to admit that I typically don’t like lemon-y sweets. Lemon bars, lemon pies, lemon curd? None of it really appeals to me. However, I absolutely love this creamy lemon pie. That’s my testimonial for all the non-lemon lovers. Just give it a try – I dare you not to like it.
And why wouldn’t you try it, since you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now?
I should also mention that although this is called “Grandma’s Creamy Lemon Pie”, I don’t know if the recipe is really my Grandma’s. She is the one who introduced me to this little slice of heaven, and it always reminds me of her, so I’m going to hold firmly to the belief that this recipe is “hers”.
And best of all, Grandma’s Creamy Lemon Pie is beautifully easy to make!Print
This is my Grandma’s recipe for a 5-ingredient creamy lemon pie with a graham cracker crust. It’s a perfect hassle-free summer dessert!
- 1 pkg. graham crackers, crushed (about 9 crackers)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbs. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. whipped topping (aka Cool Whip)
- 3 lemons
- 1 lime
- boysenberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 375. Combine first four ingredients and press into a pie pan with the back of a spoon. Bake for 8 minutes and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a large mixing bowl. Squeeze the juice from the lemons and lime into the bowl and whisk together. Fold in the whipped topping and stir until combined.
- Pour lemon mixture into piecrust. Freeze overnight. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
- Whisk a few tablespoons of blackberry jam with a tablespoon of water until you get a good consistency. Pour over slices and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon pie, lemon pie recipe, easy lemon pie