Hot fudge sauce on my couch, my sweatpants, and my camera.
And Bjork just informed me that I have a little leftover on my face. #worthit
This, well, there are no words for this. This is chocolate peanut butter perfection. I thought I had already found chocolate peanut butter perfection, which I pretty much did. But here comes chocolate peanut butter perfection round two, and it’s taking on a whole new level of ooey-gooey deliciousness.
And guess what? Just guess. You will never guess what I’m about to tell you, but I want you to guess anyways. I hate it when people do that.
Here it be: this chocolate euphoria is essentially guilt-free! Essentially! Like, eat it and get skinny.
I’m totally kidding and serious at the same time right now. Just look at the stats below.
After I made this, I was feeling real good and real healthy.
But then something predictable happened. My brain went —> chocolate —> must.have.peanut.butter. And then I whipped up a little batch of not-guilt-free creamy dreamy peanut butter sauce. I added a teeny tiny spoonful of said sauce to my cake. And ever since that moment I’ve been drowning in peanut butter sauce.
Oh my wonderfulness. This stuff is heavenly. Which is why I did us all a favor by keeping the peanut butter sauce nutrition facts to myself, k? Yep.
PS. I used my regular slow cooker for this recipe which is a Crock-Pot that I’ve had for the last five years. SO MUCH FOOD has come out of that thing over the life of this blog which is pretty impressive for a $28 kitchen appliance.
This hot fudge cake is made in the crockpot and covered with homemade peanut butter sauce. Gooey, delicious, and super easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar (unpacked, divided)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (divided)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (divided)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (divided)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (divided)
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Mix together 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread in a greased crockpot on high setting.
- Whisk 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder together. Sprinkle over the batter in the crockpot. Pour boiling water over the top – do not stir! Let cook for 2 hours.
- For peanut butter sauce: melt corn syrup, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons melted butter over medium low heat. When sugar has dissolved, add peanut butter and stir until melted. Keep warm until serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hot fudge cake, peanut butter sauce, hot fudge dessert
As I mentioned, the nutrition facts are just for the ooey gooey fudge cake. You don’t even want to know about the sauce.
Just go eat some healthy cake covered in peanut butter sauce and all will be right with the world.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.