I want to go to Hawaii and sell these black bean tacos from a food truck.
Rain and cold can do that to me.
But I don’t really want to do that.
I have a little secret: what I really want to do is snuggle up with a blanket, sweatshirt, hot chocolate (extra whipped cream), and a mild mystery novel. Because I actually kind of like cold, rainy days.
Did you notice that these pretty tacos are meatless? You’re smart like that.
But if that’s not your thing, add some spicy fish, chicken, or shrimp.
And for all two of my vegan friends, this could easily be made vegan with some small adjustments to the sauce.
Win win win win win!Print
These simple, easy, and fresh mango black bean tacos have a deliciously creamy coconut sauce drizzled over the top. So yummy!
- 2 diced mangoes
- 20 oz. black beans (about 1 1/2 cans)
- 3–4 tbs. diced red onion
- 1 tbs. diced jalapeno
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs. white sugar
- olive oil, salt, pepper
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- corn tortillas
- Dice the mangoes, jalapenos, and red onions. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Combine fresh cilantro, 1 tbs. red onion, juice of 1 lime, and mangoes in a small bowl. Set aside. In another small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, coconut milk, and sugar. Set aside.
- Saute black beans, red onion, and jalapeno in a little bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Saute gently because the beans will “mush” easily if you get too rough with the spatula. When onions and jalapenos have softened, remove mixture from heat.
- Layer the black beans and mangoes on a warmed corn tortilla. Drizzle with cream and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Calories: 762
Keywords: mango tacos, black bean tacos, vegetarian tacos
You should wear a lei while you eat these. And you should drink the cream sauce from a coconut.
Oh, and for the record, I’d go to Hawaii in the blink of an eye. What’s your dream destination?