This recipe is sponsored by DeLallo
The gnocchi alone – those pillowy tender dumpling-like bites of potato and cheese – is enough to make you go back for seconds. But toss those little gnocch-lettes (just let me) with a life-changingly easy, 5-ingredient vodka sauce, and broil it up with some fresh Mozzarella cheese, all under a little magic dusting of Parmesan, and you are now in Ridiculous territory.
Ridiculous in a good way. Like, ridiculous in the “Wow, this is so intensely cozy, savory, and creamy and yet I cannot stop eating it” kind of way.
This recipe is like guests on a Tuesday night, meets sweatpants casual, meets Christmas dinner. It’s mega winter-weather cozy with equal sides of fancy and down-to-earth.
AND IT IS SO GOOD.
Here’s the thing: you could 100% make your gnocchi from scratch.
Another idea, though? You could get 75% of the way to “homemade” while also not requiring a lot of hours of advance gnocchi rep.
I’ll be choosing option B for the foreseeable future, thanks to the new DeLallo Gnocchi Kits. They are high-quality, Italian-made, and easy, and they are LIFE.
We always do our dinner club on a busy weeknight (like, no time to prep), and since our dinner club has a large appetite for gnocchi, I am stocking up.
This is the one-way ticket for very low stress gnocchi that is both fast and homemade-ish.
Final word of wisdom here: as wonderful as it is to dive headfirst into a pillowy soft bowl of this vodka-sauced goodness (and trust me, it is wonderful), the richness of the gnocchi and sauce will all be balanced beautifully with some kind of crisp veggie as a side. Personally recommend roasted broccoli, sautéed kale, or a crisp and tangy green salad.
Wow-ee. This is a ridiculously yummy wintertime baked gnocchi treasure.
Check Out Our Video For How To Make Baked Gnocchi:Print
Baked Gnocchi with Vodka Sauce! Seriously cozy, seriously addicting. Pillowy-tender gnocchi tossed with an easy five-ingredient vodka sauce, baked under a layer of mozzarella, parmesan, and basil.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, grated, minced, or very thinly sliced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 2 DeLallo Gnocchi Kits
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley or basil
- Vodka Sauce: Heat butter in a large oven-safe pan over medium low heat. Add garlic; sauté for 5 minutes until soft (don’t brown it). Add tomato paste; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add vodka; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add cream, broth, and salt. Bring to a low simmer until the sauce coats the back of a spoon and tastes delicious. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Gnocchi: Prep the gnocchi according to package directions. Add to the sauce in the pan, and stir gently to combine.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to the broil setting (500 degrees). Arrange mozzarella balls over the top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Bake for 5-8 minutes until very browned and slightly crisped on top. Sprinkle with parsley or basil leaves and serve with a crisp green salad because DANG this is creamy, cozy, and ridiculous.
For proper golden-browning, be sure to use GRATED Parmesan cheese, not shredded. Grated looks like a thick powder, like the stuff many of us know in the green can (but I would advise buying better than that if you can). If all you have is shredded Parmesan cheese, a quick run through the food processor will help get the texture where you want it to be.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: baked gnocchi, vodka sauce, gnocchi with vodka sauce
Thank you to DeLallo for sponsoring this recipe!
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our easy Italian-inspired recipes page. Check it out!