- they make for a fast, filling meal- when done right,
- I can use up all my fresh farmer’s market produce,
- my new pencil skirt from the Loft (potential first day of school outfit?) fits a little more nicely.
So how about taking all that good-for-you salad stuff and making it taste BETTER by topping it with something that is still fresh and healthy?
Sign me up!
Or, um, I already did sign myself up.
This dressing is made creamy with a little plain yogurt, and the flavor of cilantro and garlic makes it fresh and spicy tasting at the same time.
A little honey and a pinch of sugar add sweetness, and suddenly, I could eat it with a spoon. Mmmk, I already did eat it with a spoon.
And then I drowned my salad in it and devoured it. Deeee-licious.
Creamy Cilantro Dressing, adapted from Keep It Simple, makes 3-4 servings
- 1 bunch cilantro (about 1 cup packed)
- 1 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each honey, lime juice, and salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 3 teaspoons water (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Add the sugar if you want it a little sweeter (I used the sugar and loved it, but it tasted fine without the sugar, too). You can also add water depending on how thick you want the dressing to be.
- Serve as a dressing with salads, fish, chicken, or grilled vegetables!
What’s your favorite summer salad combination? I am hooked on sauteed shrimp, peppers, and onions (with sunflower seeds for crunch)!
…Did I really just say “I am hooked” in reference to a salad?
I don’t know what that means, but I like!