I had to do it.
Posting three sweet recipes in a row might not be an advisable blogging strategy, but I had to do it. I’m hoping ya’ll are as addicted to sweets as I am? Because then maybe I can get away with it. (Yeah, ya’ll, I’m southern today.)
And if you’re the 1 percent that’s not addicted to sugar but still read my blog full of sugary recipes, guess what? This treat was made for you, too! Yes, a sweet that appeals to both the sugar addicts and the healthy peeps! Say wha?
This sweet treat tastes like peanut butter cookie dough (repeat: peanut butter cookie dough) and has no sugar. None. Zippo. Nada.
I’m not vegan and I’m not becoming a vegan, but I pretended I was a vegan for a day when I made these. Because they’re vegan. Buzzword! Vegan!
And these cookie dough bites can be made in a flash with essentially four ingredients: nuts, dried fruit, peanut butter, and vanilla. Oh, and did I mention they’re no-bake? So that battle thing between me and the oven? Over it. Any dessert that can come together in less than 15 minutes, be mostly healthy, and taste delicious is my kind of thang!
These peanut butter cookie dough bites are made with 5 all-natural ingredients. A delicious and naturally sweet cookie dough treat!
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–4 teaspoons water (opt)
- 2–4 tablespoons flour (opt)
- In a food processor, process the nuts until very fine.
- Add raisins through vanilla and process again, pulsing until smooth. I found that I needed to add a little water because my food processor couldn’t handle the stickiness. If you need to, add a teaspoon of water at a time until the whole mixture becomes well blended and sticks into a large dough ball.
- Remove dough from food processor. If you need to add some flour to degrease the dough a little bit, just incorporate it in with your hands. Form into small balls and press each ball twice with a fork to make a criss-cross pattern!
My inspiration came from Whole Family Fare, a similar recipe that uses almonds and medjool dates.
Veganize your life with these cookie dough bites.
And then tell me about your favorite no-bake recipes, because I want to do that all over again.