Trust me. You don’t even want to know how many titles I came up with for these little pots of joy. Instead of sharing all of the potential recipe titles with you, I will give you the chance to do something more productive with your 3 seconds.
Like look at this picture and wonder what’s going on (that’s exactly what I was doing, too).
That, and talking on the phone with a Spanish speaking acquaintance, trying to explain that I would be late because there was “mucho agua”. Embarrassing.
Flash flood what? I had no idea what that meant until this morning, but I guess it means water in your garage, a lake in your backyard, and neighbors leaving their car doors wide open for days.
So I did what I needed to do in this situation, which involved a lot of watching, and then I made pasta. I’m always useful like that.
Pasta with everything fresh and wonderful that I got from the good ole Farmer’s Market. Basil, garlic, cheese, and fresh peas. ‘Tis the season!
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups dry pasta (I used whole wheat shells)
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- fresh torn basil
- 4 thinly sliced pieces of fresh mozzarella
- Cook peas and drain. Set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and toss with peas and butter.
- While peas and pasta are cooking, combine ricotta, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheeses and basil.
- Add cheese mixture to pasta and add reserved pasta water. Stir until smooth. Divide into ramekins and top each with a slice of mozzarella. Broil (400 degrees or higher) for about 5 minutes, until cheese has melted.
Most recent impulse buy from the Farmer’s Market: golden beets. Oh, dear. Ideas are welcome.
Have you ever experienced a flash flood? Misery loves company!
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products