What did you do this weekend?
I took advantage of the opportunity to eat blissful creamy bacon and pumpkin pasta and snuggle with a pug.
Yes, I said snuggle with a pug. I was snug as a bug in a rug with a pug. And a mug.
That sweet wrinkly face gives me a tingly nose and shivers. Sheeeee’s sooooo cuuuuute! I
might absolutely do have a puppy crush on her.
And you probably already know that I have a hungry girl crush on this pumpkin pasta.
Yeah, I know what you’re thinking.
Pumpkin in pasta. Um, questionable.
Long story short, we need to stop judging our favorite fall vegetable. fruit? …ingredient. How did pumpkin get stereotyped as an exclusively sweet ingredient? It’s so versatile and healthy. And healthy is a good thing this week. Cause come Turkey Thursday, you know what’s goin down. Seconds, thirds, and multiple desserts with whipped cream are what’s goin down. JOY.
If you liked this butternut squash mac and cheese with caramelized onions, apples, and bacon (which is pretty much impossible not to like), then this pasta is going to rock.your.socks.off. And it might rock some pounds off, too? That’s a fool-proof diet plan, if you ask me. I love when eating a huge bowl of pasta makes your jeggings fit better.
Speaking of jeggings, I’ve been majorly over-wearing them because of their comfy wonderfulness. Help?
- 2 cups dry whole grain shells
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ounce light cream cheese
- ¼ cup fat free evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup sliced scallions or green onions
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and return to pan. Reduce heat to low.
- Add pumpkin through salt and pepper and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is warmed through.
- Divide between two bowls and top with crumbled bacon and green onions.
Have you tried pumpkin in savory dishes?
And btw, who wants to see more snogglishly cute pug pictures? I’m trying not to overwhelm you with cuteness all at once, but there’s definitely more where that came from. Get ready.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products