I am drinking blueberries and honey like it’s my job.
Breakfast on the go is not really my thing, you guys. I’ve always been the kind of person who would forgo blow drying their hair before work in exchange for a full, warm, sit-down breakfast. At the very least, toast with peanut butter and banana and some jam, with a side of coffee. And yogurt, and a few bites of last night’s noodles. Eew, I’m gross. You can judge me; I deserve it.
But lately, I’m onto this new thing. It’s called Breakfast on the Go. Have you heard of it? Bjork’s been trying to teach me about it for the last 75 years and I’m just now sort of getting it. I mean, my complete, warm, sit-down breakfasts are still a thing. It’s just time to mix it up, you know?
We have this little cheap plastic cup with a screw on lid and a plastic straw, you know the kind that makes you feel like you’re drinking a fountain pop but actually you’re drinking something from your house? Yeah, one of those. And it’s perfect for this smoothie.
We’ve got a nize little recipe card visual today because, duh, FRIDAY. Mixin’ it up and getting a little crazy. Owwwyah.
Pst. I’ll let you in on a little secret if you promise not to let me know –> I put kale in this smoothie. Kale, like the sturdy, leafy greens that are sometimes hard to eat because they’re so… sturdy. And leafy. This is a cornucopia of fruits and veggies that I am now enjoying every morning ON. THE. GO. This is weird.
Also, I added some milk and I added some more honey. Because I ♥ honey.
Also, ice cubes. Because I’m so warm here in Minneessoota.
ONE LAST THING. For all my blended stuff, I always have the best results with my Blendtec Designer Series Blender. If you’re in the market for a new grown up blender, this has your name all over it.
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk (or just enough to help things blend smoothly)
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw honey (more to taste)
- ½ cup kale or any other add ins that you want
- Place bananas, mangoes, blueberries, yogurt, and milk in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add the kale and honey; blend again until smooth.
- If desired (and especially if all your ingredients were fresh instead of frozen), add a few ice cubes to increase the volume of the smoothie and help it stay chilled. Crush until smooth.
- Top with additional blueberries and serve immediately.
HEY GUYS. It’s the last day for that photography sale. If you luv photography, check it out!
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products