These have got to be one of the cutest Christmas cookies around.
Although they aren’t really cookies; they’re more like “truffles”. And I like truffles, a lot.
I also like easy.
Would you believe me if I told you there are only 3 ingredients at work here? Well, ‘tis the season for believing.
Get your Oreos, cream cheese, and almond bark and let’s get started. Eating, that is.
- 1 package Mint Oreos
- 1 block cream cheese (1/3 less fat works)
- almond bark (I like to use both chocolate and white chocolate)
- Crush the Oreos – ziplock bag and a rolling pin work well.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the Oreo crumbles.
- Roll the mixture into small truffle-sized balls.
- Freeze the truffles while you melt the almond bark.
- Roll the truffles into the melted almond bark and let dry … and decorate!
In case you were wondering how the blizzard situation is progressing, you should know that the snow has stopped. Our road has finally been plowed, meaning we can finally get out and into the world again.
But please note the size of the mounds that were left behind by the plow.
That would be my car – technically, my SUV – hiding behind this mountain of snow.
On that note, time for another truffle!
Do you have a favorite Christmas cookie? These truffles would definitely have to be on the top of my list.