It actually all started with a pizza. A delicious Thai Chicken Pizza.
And in an effort to save my appetite for Christmas Eve dinner, the Thai Chicken Pizza ingredients morphed themselves into a Thai Chicken Salad.
And it was a beautiful thing.
I would eat this any day of the week, and for any length of time, but it’s especially perfect for post-Christmas eating.
My reasoning tells me that this extra healthy salad basically nullifies anything I’ve eaten over the last few days. Thank goodness.
This Thai chicken salad recipe uses rotisserie chicken and a quick homemade peanut dressing for an easy and healthy meal.
- 2 tbs. fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 3 tbs. hoisin sauce
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- pulled rotisserie chicken
- shredded/grated carrots
- bean sprouts (alfafa sprouts)
- green onions
- Whisk together ginger, peanut buter, water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and red pepper flake in a small bowl…and voila! Spicy Thai peanut dressing, homemade.
- Chop and mix the remaining ingredients
- Drizzle with dressing
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: thai chicken salad, chicken salad, salad recipe
What are your go-to foods for post-holiday eating?
And I gave a Keurig to my husband. Read: to myself.