Me, six girls, and a bucket full of chocolate.
This was my math lesson today.
Actually, if I would have remembered the Fraction Pancakes fiasco, I would have skipped the lesson altogether and saved these chocolate bites of heaven for my personal kitchen alone. My brain hates that memory.
But I’m glad I didn’t remember, because today was fun.
I cannot keep my face more than one inch away from these dark, sweet, sticky, peanutty babies.
And there’s only one left.
- 1¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2½ cups uncooked quick oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 Snickers bars, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- Place oats and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt sugar, milk, butter, and dark cocoa powder, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and let mixture boil for 1½ minutes (start timing when the rolling boiling starts).
- Remove from heat and transfer to the oats bowl. Add vanilla and mix well. Add the Snickers last and stir until mixed in. If the mixture needs a little more to hold together, add about ¼ cup more oats.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and shape with a round cookie cutter or the back of the spoon.
Take that, hot Philippines weather. By the way, hows the weather back home?
You guys? Weekend = here.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products