Friday. Chocolate. Choc.o.late.
With sweet ribbons of peanut buttery cheesecake.
Baked to ooey gooey perfection and eaten by the row.
I have some kind of exciting and sad news. While I’ve been eating brownies and licking the chocolate off my face, m’boy’s jumped back on the P90X train. *exciting* He’s been doing fancy things like plyometrics, lifting weights, and “corn cobbers”. Not the buttery salty type – the horrible pull up type.
I felt the need to try one of these corn cobblers, cobbers, whatever… after eating a few brownies. That was when I found out that I can’t do pull ups anymore. *sad* When did that happen? I used to be able to do at least a 1/2 pull up?
But I hear that you can build muscle by eating protein. Protein —-> Peanut butter. Peanut butter —–> Cheesecake. Peanut butter cheesecake —-> Brownies. *exciting*
Me —-> strong.
- your favorite brownie batter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (can be light)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare the brownie batter and spread into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, and sugar. Add the peanut butter, adding the cream as necessary to make the mixture more smooth. The consistency should be thick, but smooth enough to easily mix with the electric mixer. Add the vanilla and salt.
- Pour mixture over brownie batter and marble with a knife.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The only thing better than eating a peanut butter cheesecake brownie on a Friday night is eating a peanut butter cheesecake brownie with a sweet pug on your lap.
We’re pug sitting this weekend. excitedscream!
Dreams really do come true.