There used to be a pan of this Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake in my kitchen yesterday.
That was yesterday.
There also used to be crumbs in the pan, but then I picked out every last little delicious morsel before washing the pan.
That’s a lie. I haven’t washed the pan yet.
But I can’t bring myself to wash out the memories of what was once my only food for a whole weekend. I mean, really. Do you really need anything else in the world?
If you like cake for breakfast, this is for you. And if you’re open to the idea of cheesecake for breakfast, this has your name written all over it. If you’ve ever taken one breath in this life, this is going to be your favorite coffee cake ever.
Let’s start at the bottom. Classic buttery coffee cake holds it all together. Smooth cream cheese is baked right on top, sweet raspberries are poured all over, and the whole thing is sprinkled with more buttery crumbles. Ohhh. Yesss.
This is Breakfast with a capital B.
- 2¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sour cream (I used regular)
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese (I used light)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup homemade or store-bought raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, and butter with a pastry cutter or in a food processor to make a crumbly mixture. Reserve 1 cup of the crumbs for topping.
- Combine remaining crumbs with baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, and 1 egg. Mix until mostly smooth. Spread in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and 1 egg until smooth. Pour over the batter in the pan and spread in an even layer. Spoon the jam over the cream cheese layer and swirl with a knife to make a marbled effect. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
I dare youuuu. As if you need to be dared.