There are some things about having a “different” name that are enjoyable.
But there are things about having a “different” name that make life… interesting.
I am not speaking from personal experience here because the name Lindsay is fairly common. I sympathize with my students who are be called by their first name and last initial to avoid confusion with others of the same name. That last initial had better be a good one, because it becomes part of your identity.
My husband, Bjork, on the other hand, has never needed to use his last initial to differentiate himself. And although he has the best name ever, he is generally referred to by some variation of his name.
- Be Jork
Most recently, he received a work-related email sent to a D. Ostrom. And there’s only one place this could be headed.
Ladies, and gentlemen, to take the cake on the best/worst name variation ever used for my poor husband, the first line of the email read:
If that doesn’t call for a warm, crispy, golden and delicious dinner, I don’t know what does. So we quickly remedied the situation with oven roasted red potatoes, seasoned with only the best, Sel de Cuisine, complemented by a maple fig sauce that is so easy it’s embarrassing.
- 1 lb. red potatoes, washed and quartered
- olive oil
- Sel de Cuisine seasoning (or any seasoning that you like)
- 3 tbs. mayonnaise (I used the kind made with olive oil)
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tbs. maple syrup
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 2 tbs. fig preserves (my new favorite!)
- Preheat the oven to 425. In a large bowl, drizzle potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle seasoning to taste. Place on a greased baking sheet or roasting pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Check doneness of potatoes, adjust heat and seasoning as needed. Roast another 10-15 minutes if necessary.
- Mix all ingredients and stir until well combined (it might help to use a whisk).
- Refrigerate until ready to use!
This post will be filed in Things to consider when naming your child. AndMeals to make when you are addressed as Dork.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products