1 year: Stuffed my face with cake.
5 years: Indulged in greasy pizza and glittery prizes at Chuck E. Cheese.
10 years: Opened my best present yet: a set of Pogs (not to be confused with Pugs).
15 years: Celebrated with a murder mystery party. Don’t ask. And mom and dad – thanks.
20 years: Was serenaded with “Happy Birthday” by the staff at Buca di Beppo… in the ladies’ room. Yes, they came in and found me.
25 years: See year 1.
- 1 lb. fresh baby spinach and/or spring mix
- 3 tbs. fresh parsley
- ¾ cup crushed smoked almonds (about 10 pulses in a food processor)
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbs. honey
- 2 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Saute shallot with 1 tbs. olive oil. Add 1 tbs. honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a small bowl and whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and rosemary. Add olive oil and whisk again.
- Combine the spinach/spring mix and parsley. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Plate the spinach mixture on plates. Top with crushed almonds and goat cheese.
You might be wondering why a goat cheese salad (even if it is completely delicious) on my birthday? And you shall find out tomorrow!