This morning I went to the gym for no other reason than to earn the right to gorge myself on French fries tonight. I mean, right now. I mean, what?
This morning I also became the person who responds to emails on the elliptical.
Let’s be honest. My elliptical form is questionable at best. Apparently I struggle with balance on those little ski foot things? I don’t know. Moving arm handles and spinning feet thingies and tangled headphone cords and reruns of Real Housewives just seems like a little too much to handle all at once.
Add email into that mix and things are not pretty.
Oh, and Autocorrect? I won’t give you details, but just know that things got out of hand quickly.
After the email at the gym fiasco, I most definitely made muffins for my grandma’s birthday. Then I lied to myself about them being for my grandma’s birthday and ate most of them for myself.
And now I have a perfectly fluffy, vanillaey, blueberry-and-white-chocolate-loaded muffin all over my iPhone because I’m an obsessive email checker. STOP.
If you’re a genius, you’ll make these fluffin’ muffins and eat all the batter. And pick out the white chocolate chips.
Whoops. I didn’t say that. But I totally did.
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup milk (I've also used greek yogurt)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (more or less to taste)
- 1 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate pieces
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Beat the sugar, softened butter, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir gently with previous mixture until combined. Batter should be pretty thick, but still soft and scoopable. If it's too thick, add a little more milk.
- Add white chocolate and blueberries and stir gently so you don't break the blueberries.
- Scoop into greased muffin tin and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Ok, quick check-in. Pinch of Yum went into a black hole of internet on Wednesday and it finally emerged on Thursday afternoon. It was sad but I was secretly happy, because I was nervous about you watching the book reveal video anyways.
No, just kidding. Sort of. Lip bite.
If you want a chance to win $100 towards photography equipment and a free copy of Tasty Food Photography, sign up here!
And now go make a muffin.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products