There’s a battle going on over here.
It’s hot out.
I want to bake and I don’t want to bake. And I want to bake. Wahh.
Then again, do I really want to turn on the oven when we live in a cute little house with no air conditioning?
I have a few really good books that have been collecting dust over in the corner. They’re calling for me and a cold, non-baked glass of strawberry lemonade.
See how nice that would be?
But listen – can’t you hear those brownies calling for me? Don’t lie. I know you can.
Time for this curry salad to swoop in and save my from my baking addiction! I adore this salad for three reasons.
- It tastes sweet, spicy, and amazing all at the same time.
- It takes me 5 minutes to make.
- It doesn’t use the oven!
Make it today. And tomorrow. And for the rest of the summer.
And I probably won’t be able to hold off the baking urge much longer, so get your oven mitts ready!
This 5-minute green curry salad is perfect for busy weeknights. Made with broccoli slaw, sunflower seeds, and a quick green curry sauce. Easy and healthy.
- 1 bag preshredded coleslaw (I used the broccoli slaw)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or other nuts
- fresh cilantro
- Whisk together the coconut milk, sour cream, sugar, green curry paste, and curry powder.
- Put coleslaw and carrots in a large bowl and toss with the sauce mixture. Add raisins, sunflower seeds, and cilantro and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for an hour, toss again, and serve (or just eat it right away… it still tastes great)!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: curry salad, broccoli slaw salad, curry slaw salad
Sal-ad! Sal-ad! Sal-ad!
I love you 5-Minute Green Curry Salad!
Do you bake in the summer? And do you have an AC unit to donate to me? I’ll bake you cookies all summer long.