Completely unrelated to granola…It’s been a hard week.
Thanks for all your kind words. And thanks for still checking in, even though things have been a bit unpredictable around here. Today, I’m thinking about my grandpa, but I’m writing about pecan granola. I guess the balance of remembering and moving on takes time. If you’ve done this before, maybe you can relate.
My family is obsessed with granola, but I’m not much of a granola person.
What? Posting a recipe that I’m not crazy about?
Well, here’s the thing. When there’s a bag of this crunchy granola sitting around, it always finds its way into my mouth. And I can’t stop. Why is that? Granola is so sneaky.
And by the way, eating granola makes you feel like Nature Girl. Granola is totally for nature people, isn’t it? And I think nature people are healthy. Score.Print
This crunchy pecan granola is the recipe my family makes at the cabin every year. So crunchy, sweet, and delicious with lots of clusters!
- 6 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup pecans, halved (almonds or walnuts work well for a substitution)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together. Whisk the oil and the honey together and add to oats mixture.
- Spread on a baking sheet (it’s helpful if it has raised edges) and bake for 35 minutes, stirring all the way down to the bottom of the pan a few times during baking. Bake longer for more crunch, but don’t let it burn! Allow granola to cool completely after baking (this is when it clumps together). Serve with milk, yogurt, fruit, ice cream, or just plain snacking!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crunchy granola, pecan granola, granola recipe
You. Go make some, and go for a hike.
Hike to my house and we’ll secretly like granola together.