My life right now is kind of like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
…If you give Lindsay dessert hummus, she’s going to remember how much she loves regular hummus. So she’ll want to make some.
When she starts eating it by the spoonful, she’s going to want a piece of fresh bread to go with it.
After a few bites of bread and hummus, she will want to add melted cheese. Then artichoke and red pepper.
Once the large sandwich is gone, she will probably ask for some dessert.
So she’ll go to the fridge for some dessert hummus. Or chocolate cake. Or both.
When she’s done with dessert, she will want a nice, long, nap.
And when she wakes up, she will be ready for the arrival of summer.
This simple open-faced sandwich features artichokes and red peppers over hummus and bread, drizzled with olive oil. A perfect, easy lunch!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, crust on the outside
- 6 tbs. hummus
- 6 roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 tbs. mozzarella cheese
- Divide toppings between the two bread slices in this order: hummus, red pepper, spinach, artichokes, and cheese.
- Broil at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cayenne and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.