Crisped roasted sweet potatoes, finely chopped and texturally awesome kale, creamy avocado, hearty quinoa, and a 6-minute soft boiled egg – admittedly already an exciting combo in and of itself. But you guys, THAT CHIPOTLE TAHINI. That addictingly creamy, sweet and spicy, pour-it-on-everything chipotle tahini.
That is what we really need to talk about.
These are, after all, Chipotle Tahini Bowls.
How To Make Chipotle Tahini and Be Changed Forever
Okay, first stop: olive oil, salt, tahini, garlic. Basics.
But things stop being basic when we add chipotle peppers and orange juice.
And… that’s pretty much the recipe and I’m not even joking!
These are “bowls,” which are very excellent in that you can kind of just pick your veggies, pick your protein, maybe sorta clean out the fridge (not saying, just saying), cover with a really good sauce such, and voila. BOWLS.
My favorite combo for building a good Chipotle Tahini Bowl:
- Sweet potato (tricks in notes)
- Soft-boiled egg (more tricks in notes)
- MORE AND MORE CHIPOTLE TAHINI!
Just try to stop me.
You can eat it hot. You can eat it cold. You can add chicken or tofu. You can go completely vegan or gluten free.
But whatever you do, please do it with a huge spoonful of chipotle tahini on top.
So, yeah. This week is looking super healthy and mega delicious. *hair flip*
Healthy and versatile bowls that come together under a generous drizzle of addictingly creamy vegan chipotle tahini sauce.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1–2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 small clove of garlic
- juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Build the Bowls:
- Roasted sweet potatoes (see notes for my favorite method!)
- Soft-boiled eggs (see notes for my favorite method!)
- Anything else you want!
- Pulse all sauce ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste.
- Cook / prepare your bowl ingredients. My favorite combination is kale, roasted sweet potato, avocado, quinoa, and soft boiled egg. But I’ve also included chicken, roasted broccoli, etc.
- Smother everything in sauce! So good.
My Fave Roasted Sweet Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and line a pan with parchment. Peel and cube two large sweet potatoes. Toss with 1 tablespoon cornstarch to coat (helps them stay crispy), and then toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast for 20 minutes, gently stir, and roast for another 10-15 minutes. Roasty and brown! Yum!
My Favorite Soft Boiled Eggs: Bring a pot of water to gentle boil (you want enough water to cover eggs by about one inch). Gently add eggs to the water and time for about 6 1/2 minutes. Remove and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Peel, cut, YUM! Those jammy yolks! (For meal prep, I make these ahead, peel, and keep them in the fridge.)
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Note: Nutritional information is for Chipotle Tahini Sauce only.