Chicken Noodle Soup meets Mac n’ Cheese.
Have you ever asked yourself what that would be like?
I know someone who did ask herself that very question one night while getting ready for bed, because, I don’t know, she likes to think about food at night when she gets ready for bed, okay?
And less than 24 hours later that same someone had slurped every last noodle out of the cheesy pan. I’m serious. This girl means business.
And that same night, that someone’s husband made her, MADE her, whip up a batch of this addictively good cookie dough for dessert because, I don’t know, they eat cookie dough for dessert, okay? He also forced her to eat 99% of the dough. All she could do for the next 5 hours was snuggle up on the couch and read the Hunger Games. He is sooo mean.
For the sake of her dignity, she shall remain nameless.
But there’s one last thing. She told me that she really, really wants you to experience the joy of these chicken noodles.
Like, really. Like, now.Print
These easy cheesy chicken noodles are comfort food at its best! Thick, soft egg noodles coated in a creamy sauce and tossed with shredded chicken.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. egg noodles (“homestyle”, thick and doughy)
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 12 oz. cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used Cheddar and Monterrey Jack)
- crumbled bacon or breadcrumbs for topping
- Saute garlic in a medium saucepan with a little bit of olive oil over medium heat until soft and fragrant. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until noodles are just barely cooked.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water and add to the boiling noodles. Boil for about 1 minute and remove from heat. Add the chicken and stir to combine everything. Do not drain.
- Let noodles cool slightly – about 5 minutes – so that the broth will thicken into a sauce. Put pan back on low heat. Add butter, milk, and cheese and mix for about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon or breadcrumbs and serve immediately.
Add an additional tablespoon or two of water/milk if the noodles have become too sticky after cooling. This will make it smooth and creamy again.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesy chicken noodles, chicken noodles, cheesy noodles
If I may, I really (seriously) (actually for real seriously) want to say thanks so much for reading my blog, sharing my food, and leaving comments for me. I love connecting with all of you almost as much I love gobbling this up for dinner! Or maybe it could be a tie.