Oiy. There goes that new pencil skirt potential first day of school outfit.
And here come the sweatpants.
Except, um, it’s 90 degrees in my house. Why would I bake and then wear sweatpants in a house where I break a sweat just sitting at the computer?
I’ll tell you why. Because peeling your legs off of a leather chair more than five times in an hour deserves at least five of these.
You need them, too, right?
I think you do.
It has something to do with that thick, crumbly Oreo topping.
And do I even have to tell you about the extremely fudgy inside to these Oreo brownies that I’m sure you’ve already noticed and maybe even drooled over?
Yeah, I didn’t think so.
What I do need to tell you is that these are not hard to make. They come together in a snap and they could probably be made with a mix, if you’re really short on time.
I can test that out for you tomorrow if you want.Print
These fudgy Oreo brownies are made from scratch and topped with everyone’s favorite – crumbled Oreo cookies! A chocolate lover’s dream.
- 1/2 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 stick of butter (unsalted)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 15–20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 8×8 pan by lining the inside with foil, creasing it tightly at the inside edges and folding it tightly over the top edges (this makes it easy to take them out and cut when you’re all done).
- Melt all three chocolates and butter in the microwave. Stir and cool.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla, coffee, and salt for about 15 seconds. Add the chocolate mixture. Add flour and stir until no streaks remain. Add the crushed Oreos and mix. Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with extra Oreos and bake for about 30 minutes. Be careful – they get dry around the edges if overbaked.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving (yeah, right).
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo brownies, chocolate brownies, fudge brownies
Life? What life? The one where I need to go into my classroom and get ready for the school year? Oh yeah, that one.
I’m just a little distracted right now.