Have you heard of it? No?
Come to this house and you will hear about it. Possibly every other sentence this week has started with “P90X…”
And now’s the part where I smirk and tell you that it’s not actually me that’s doing the P90X exercise program and you think I’m a little bit lazy. And I think so, too.
Hard core exercise is not for me.
I like to take it easy with the same mild running route for, oh, say, three years. Yeah, that’s my kind of working out.
Add to that the fact that I just found out that my standard running route is about a mile less than I had thought. That’s three years, count ‘em, three, of running a route thinking I’m going a mile further than I actually was.
So while Bjork has faithfully embarked on the P90X journey, I have faithfully committed to making meals that align (…mostly) with the P90X diet plan.
Starting with a filling Mango Chicken Salad with all the fresh, bright flavors of the tropics!
And yes I did eat three of the four servings. That’s all part of my individualized P90X diet plan, obvs.Print
This mango chicken salad recipe is healthy, fresh, and bright. It’s super tasty and super easy. You can taste the flavors of the tropics!
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast
- 1 tbs. each minced garlic and jalapeno and olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 mango
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- optional add-ins: 2 tbs. minced red onion, 1 chopped roasted red pepper, 1 cup black beans, 1 teaspoon sugar
- Saute garlic and jalapeno in oil over medium-high heat until soft, about 1 minute. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and chili powder. Cook chicken in skillet until cooked through and brown on the outside, about 4 minutes per side. After chicken has cooled, dice or shred into small pieces.
- Toss chopped celery, peeled and chopped mango, and cooled chicken in a large bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and yogurt. Add lime juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in any additional add-ins (see suggestions above – I used all of them)! Store for up to a few days in the refrigerator. Add the fresh cilantro just before serving.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mango chicken salad, chicken salad, healthy chicken salad
Wow – when was the last time I cooked chicken? I can’t even remember. But we’re entering in to a new protein phase here, friends, so get ready to see a little more meat!
How do you get your protein?
And any thoughts or experiences with P90X?