I love dessert. And there’s only one thing that could make me not like dessert.
It’s spending 3 hours in the kitchen melting, freezing, breaking knives, getting blisters, thawing, spilling, and refreezing the most high maintenance holiday toffee recipe in the world. Yes, it happened, and there’s a bag of broken, messy toffee pieces to show for it.
That’s the last time I’ll be making that one. I draw the line at breaking knives. And/or I need to buy better quality knives.
This is where my bite-sized 5-minute holiday pretzel friends come into the picture.
Wait, did you hear that? That was the sound of the timer going off because 5 minutes is done. Just.like.that.
Seriously. After three hours of putzing with toffee, I think I can handle 5 itty-bitty minutes.
These holiday pretzel bites deserve an award. They are essentially everything good about a Christmas cookie all in one tiny package: sweet, salty, festive-looking, and uber cute! Food crush potential: high.Print
These holiday pretzel bites are so easy to make – just pretzels, hershey hugs, and red and green M&Ms. Fun for kids and perfect for gifting.
- 2 bags waffle pretzels (I like the butter flavored ones)
- 2 bags Hershey hugs
- 1 bag Holiday M&M’s
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill baking sheet with as many pretzels as you can!
- Unwrap the hugs and place 1 hug on each pretzel.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 4-6 minutes, or until hugs have melted to cover most of the pretzel.
- Remove from oven and gently place an M&M on each pretzel. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to set.
Don’t go higher than 200 degrees – the hugs will dry out and overbake.
This amount made enough for 4 giftable treat bags!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holiday pretzel bites, pretzel bites, chocolate pretzel recipe
Speaking of cutesy, hows ’bout our baby tree?
PS. Snowman’s on guard from now until Christmas. So don’t even think about it.