My heart and
See how I did that? That was me melting into an ocean of peanut butter pie filling.
I know a lot of people don’t love showers, of the gifting variety, but I love babies and I love baby showers. All 3 that I’ve ever been to, anyways. My best friend is having a baby (squee!) so this weekend we threw a little baby shindig for her soon-to-be newborn baby boy.
To honor his precious life, we shot cutesy peanut butter pie shooters, which sounds way more trashy than it was. It was more classy. More like licked desserts out of mini glasses and ate the Oreo crumbs off the floor. And then sniffed candy bars melted into diapers for a prize. Why is that fun?
In my perfect world, I would pay someone to massage my scalp with one of those little head scratcher thingies that looks like a stick with wire legs while I ate, took, shot, inhaled, licked shooters of peanut butter pie filling.
Then I would pay that someone not to tell anyone about how my face smelled like cream cheese, or about the Oreo crumbles in my hair, or about the way I’d intentionally put less filling in each shooter glass so I’d have extra to lick out of the bowl. And on second thought, I wouldn’t pay them, because it would be my perfect world.
These peanut butter pie shooters are SO addicting and perfect for parties! They are also extremely easy to make. Serious win!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can use reduced fat)
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (or whipped cream)
- 16 Oreos, crushed
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Fold in whipped cream, or add liquid heavy whipping cream and continue to beat until the mixture gets a little bit fluffy. Refrigerate mixture until ready to serve.
- Stir melted butter in with crushed Oreos and press 1 teaspoon crumbs into the bottoms of dessert shooter cups. Pour peanut butter mixture into a plastic baggie, snip the corner, and pipe into the cups (on top of the crumbs). Sprinkle the tops with another 1/2 teaspoon of crumbs. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt for an extra sweet-salty combo. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Peanut Butter Pie will thicken as it sits in the refrigerator. I actually prefer to eat these after they’ve been in the fridge overnight.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter pie, dessert shooters, dessert recipe, peanut butter
PS. They’re actually called scalp massagers (thanks Goog), and you should get one. You should also get those dessert shooter glasses. I got mine here.