Springtime dinners have been stumping me lately. I want to eat light and fresh, but then again, I want to eat something cozy and filling, because usually I’m a little cold and a lot starving.
And after dinner, I want to eat cookie dough ice cream. And I want to sip on a hot chocolate. And an Oreo brownie would be nice, too. But that’s a dilemma that goes beyond just springtime.
Desserts aside, I seem to have accidentally struck up the perfect balance with this easy, healthy tomato dill pasta. It has all the elements of a filling meal – pasta and creamy sauce – with all the freshness of springtime – herbs and greens.
And white, crumbly cheese, which is perfect all day, any day.Print
This linguine has a perfect sun dried tomato dill seasoning to make a fresh and simple dinner. Super fresh, healthy, filling meal!
- 4 servings whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 tbs. of Sun Dried Tomato Dill seasoning mix from The Golden Fig
- Cook linguine. Reserve 1 cup of the boiled pasta water.
- In a food processor, mix seasoning with the ricotta cheese. Add a little heavy cream or milk if it is too sticky.
- Add ricotta mixture to cooked pasta. Add spoonfuls of water until the sauce becomes the right consistency for you. (I found that I didn’t add enough water and once it was plated, it started to dry out. You might want to add a little more than you think you need, especially if you’re using low fat ricotta). Top with white crumbly cheese like Gorgonzola!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: sun dried tomato pasta, linguine, linguine recipe
I can’t get enough of this Sun Dried Tomato Dill seasoning! You can use it on anything! Sandwiches, dips, spreads, and apparently pasta sauces. The flavor is addicting, and it only has 6 ingredients: sun dried tomatoes, tomato powder, dill weed, onion flakes, garlic powder, and sea salt!
I should have invented that.